The Product Owner is responsible gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Translate vision, features, and requirements into documented solutions, including epics, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Build shared understanding of user stories with a cross-functional teams by directly engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Management in the development of release plans and product roadmaps.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients to articulate and document workflows and related features.
- Facilitate solution definition and design with UX and Engineering.
- Build, maintain, prioritize and own the product development backlog.
- Support development process, including story/feature acceptance, data analysis, test data creation.
- Coordinate and partner across teams to support and evangelize product and features.
- Support development of user documentation and training materials related to product functionality.
- Assist client-facing teams with analysis and explanation of product functionality.
- Advise on client-specific configuration needs.
- Assist with investigation of client-reported and internally identified system issues to determine causes and propose solutions.
- Little to no travel expected.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or relevant field or comparable program required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in business analysis, product management or related field as well as experience in software development organization required.
- Experience as a Product Owner in Agile development environment preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality products that meet customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Team Player with empathy for users, clients, team members, stakeholders, etc.
- Passionate communicator who is comfortable in front of large audiences.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and genuinely passionate about delivering great solutions.
- Experience with Design Thinking or other UI/UX processes are a plus.
- Experience with BDD is a plus.
- Understanding of the landscape or other service industries industry is a plus.
* Visa sponsorship not available at this time. Must be eligible to work in the United States. *
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspire Software offers business management software for landscaping and snow & ice companies. Recently named one of the 50 fastest growing companies in St. Louis, Aspire Software offers business management software for landscaping and snow & ice companies. Aspire’s cloud-based SaaS platform helps landscapers transform their business to provide better services, improve margins, and increase productivity. Aspire is the #129 fastest growing software company in the country (Inc. 5000) and is based in Chesterfield, MO. For more information, please visit www.YourAspire.com.